2012 Hyundai Genesis - Infotainment not working

radio, navigation, backup camera and key fob not working

At the same time, or over how much time??
How many miles???
Any codes, CEL on??
Battery checked out good??
Battery cables all tight and no corrosion??
Grounds all good??

Possible BCM…??..

3 Likes

Checked all fuses?

I only have one thing to say these “infotainment”. Sorry but as much as they have gotten better over the years, they are still an over rated and under performing nuisance. And it doesn’t matter the make, the new infotainment systems suck. Even in my Toyota’s there is numerous problems. My best advice is replace it with a compatible aftermarket head unit. And it’s probably less expensive than have the stock unit repaired or replaced.

The first thing i would check are the fuses and relay to see if one is bad. If they are OK, I would try a factory reset for the infotainment system. your owner’s manual should show you how.
As far as the key fob I would change the battery. especially if you never have or have not in a few years.

Not that easy to do, the systems are custom designed for the car. For a 2012 Genesis sedan, or the coupe with nav, Crutchfield lists no compatible units.

3 Likes

If the battery, charging system, and fuses all check out ok, suggest to take your Genesis to a Hyundai Dealership. It might need some sort of computer-system reset or a software update. Those systems are all computerized & very manufacturer/make/model/year specific.

There was a 2013 Lexus ES350 in the shop today, $2800 to replace the radio/navigation display.

+1 on the unreliable infotainment systems.

That said on my other vehicle the info system has been bullet proof.