2012 Fiat 500 - Two tone

my car have two (2) tone RED COLOR front clear red and capo more dark you can see in night and day time

Does anyone have any idea what this person is talking about ?

This Ask Someone site just keeps getting worse .

2 Likes

His capo is darker than his front.

Why you would have a capo on a car though, is beyond me.
Capture

2 Likes

Fiats are Italian.

CAPO Definition / CAPO Means

The definition of CAPO is “Captain, Mafia boss”
Makes total sense to me.

Whatta ya know, a fellow guitarist. Cool. Anyway, “capo” in Italian can be translated “head.” Possibly his headlights aren’t bright enough?

Capo also means head, or top. Like the British call the hood a bonnet, the Italians refer to the top of the car as “capo”.

Of course we don’t know why the OP posted that he has a two tone car that uses two shades of the same color. For my taste the only two tone combination for red is white or black.

Thank you for letting us know!
:yawning_face:

If you have a question about this car, please post it, and we will try to help you.

Maybe it’s a problem this could solve:

Huh, Francisco is my barber and I’ve been worried about him so he musta got a new car? He’s not Italian though. Take a little more off the capo Franny-works for me.

My car have two (2) tone SILVER COLOR, actually just one (1) tone, but more dark you can see in night than in day time.

:thinking: Come to think of it, nearly everything is more dark at night!

But, my main question is, “Why do people say the sun goes ‘down’ at night, when that is clearly not what happens?”

I learned back in elementary school that the earth rotates on its axis, causing day and night lighting differences.

Want a laugh? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I remember watching a video that somebody recorded, showing Harvard students with graduation diplomas in hand, responding to being asked to explain what causes the seasons to change. :laughing:

Anyhow, back to the original statement about a Fiat clown car and two tone paint
 I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it. This really is kind of a strange planet.

CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

Gotta agree with that. No wonder we are being watched.

At any rate yeah he/she/it/them maybe was just sending an email to buddy Geno and hit the wrong key or something. Never sent something to the wrong people? It may have happened and you never knew it.

Good thought. From pics it looks like the car probably has upper and lower taillight bulbs/LEDs. It’s possible the OP wants to know why they appear to be different shades of red or maybe his brake lights aren’t working?

It could be the hood as someone suggested, or it might be a more traditional two tone with the roof a darker red. Then again, spellcheck may have rendered another post indecipherable.

Perhaps it’s not a red 2 tone Fiat 500, but rather a rad 2 ton Ford F-600? :wink:
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

Welcome to Car Talk!

If I am interpreting your post correctly, the paint on different parts of your car do not match. Is the car new to you? Perhaps there was previous damage and the repaired areas were repainted, with imperfect results.

Guys, how about we don’t poke fun at people’s problems with English? It is probably not Francisco’s first language.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone is poking fun but just have no idea what the issue is. I thought my German was pretty good and on a tour of Germany thought I rented a car at the hotel for the next morning. The car showed up promptly at 5:00 am complete with driver. Musta missed the word for taxi. Ich fahra, du fahrst, etc. Gotta get some work done.

1 Like

NYBo - If someone really wants help they should make a decent effort to communicate . This person did not ask a question and I think the post was meant to be on the Car Complaints site. And if there is a paint problem shouldn’t they be asking who ever sold them the vehicle or check with a paint shop ?

1 Like

if everyone followed your advice and didn’t “bother” us with car questions, what would we do all day?

3 Likes

+1
Being confused by a completely cryptic post–and asking for clarification–does not constitute “poking fun” at somebody’s English proficiency–IMHO.

1 Like