2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class airbag notice

I have received 2 notices about replacing the Takata air bags in my car but never get my call returned, when I have left messages at Mercedes-Benz of Stevens Creek. I finally was referred to their head quarters and was told my car is not on the list to have the airbags replaced. I thought this was an important safety feature and Mercedes would want my car to be safe. Now what? I would appreciate your help.

Call another dealer. If you got the notice, your car is included. The dealer may not actually HAVE the replacement airbag inflator … I am currently waiting my second replacement… but call another M-B dealer and see what they have to say.

Thanks for your suggestion. I’ll try another dealer.

Sidney

Go to safercar.gov. In the upper right corner of the home page, the is a button to check for Takata air bag recalls by VIN. Follow the instructions on the next page and enter your VIN to see if your car is involved. If it is, contact the dealer. If you don’t get satisfaction, contact Mercedes Benz USA and get them to set the dealer straight. This assumes that this dealer I should the only one in your area. You might have to go to a different dealer.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion. I checked it out and it doesn’t look like my car is on the recall list, which is comforting.

Sidney