2011 Honda Odyssey - Keeps Blowing Tie Rods

Hello All. Question??
Car: 2011 Honda Odyssey
Mileage: 170,000
Problem: Driver side inner tie rod keeps going bad in a period of about 3 months. I assume another suspension support has gone bad and is causing the tie rod increased stress. I have replaced the stabilizer links and have had an alignment done after every tie rod change (I’m on the third). Would appreciate any suggestions

Blowing vs going bad? Blowing is broke in my world. And a broken tie rod is not good. Hard to steer. You are saying the tie rod fails/wears to the point of making noise? Becoming loose?

Hi Cavell thanks for the response! The tie rod is not breaking, but wearing to the point of clicking when I turn and when I move the tire at 9 and 3.

I think it might be time for a well rated front suspension shop. If the same problem keeps recurring then one would suspect - inferior parts - installation not correct - or another part causing this .

I don’t think taking a chance of catastrophic failure in traffic is worth just keep replacing the same thing and hoping for a different result.

2 Likes

I know this is an old thread, but thought I’d mention I had a similar issue with clicking/popping when turning at low speeds. I found this service bulletin (11-038) from Honda that I had my mechanic perform. I think they charged me $100 18 months ago. The problem reoccurred last month, and I called my local Honda dealer. They ended up doing the TSB for $45. Definitely beats replacing tie rods. Hope it helps! http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/A11-038.PDF

1 Like