2011 Honda CRV unwanted acceleration problem

You do know that over the years the top three causes of unintended acceleration has been determined to be ,driver error, floor mats getting stuck, and a fault in the pedal system design.These stories do not stop in spite of many millions of both manufacture and tax payer dollars to look at the situation. My feeling is that we are very good at sorting out design and assembly errors but it is the human introduced error that has us baffeled.

There is a direct correlation between news coverage of reported unintended acceleration events and an increased number of reported events. This fact must some how be fitted into the process of determining what is going on here, it cannot be ignored.

Yes, but the OP says the Honda dealer test drove it, and the problem happened again while they were driving it, so the dealer finally admits there IS a problem that they could not explain. Now, in this particular case, they can no longer blame floor mats or driver error.

Clearly, in this case, a problem does exist that even the dealer cannot explain.

If it were my car, I would:

1. Collect all documentation in preparation for lemon law action.
  2. File a complaint with NHTSA.
  3. Tell dealer I was pursuing lemon law action unless their PCM swap eliminates the problem.

Thank you for your information as to the top three causes of unwanted acceleration but in my case it is not so. As mentioned above, Honda confirmed that my car has a periodic spike in rpms when trying to brake. It happened to them at least twice while they were road testiing it and they have so far replaced the power control unit.