2011 Chevrolet Malibu - does this estimate sound right?

Leaking water/dexacool and service said the total cost @ the GM Dealer will cost around 985. for a new pump, kit and of course 4 hours labor @ 163.per hour:( car only has 43000. miles on it last year @ 40000. miles I had to do the Cylinoid on the side of the engine:(

Does this sound right to you?

Thanks

In as much as your car is out of warranty,and if drivable, recommend you get a second opinion&estimate from an independent shop.
For what you describe $985 does not seem excessive to me. I just question if the water pump requires replacement this early in the vehicles life.

I know on the age of the car :frowning: doesn’t seem right to me either :frowning:

I am about to go trade this car in as I don’t want to have to keep dealing with things here to much with this car every year it seems since the warranty is out!

But I am not liking this GM products anymore with this cars problems when the miles are still pretty low

Thanks for the advice and your thoughts as well

*I am in Las Vegas NV, Do you know anyone good for a second estimate :slight_smile:

At the top of cartalk there is the mechanic files button, the other source I check is Yelp. Posters on this site recommend against using chain stores.