2011 Chevrolet Malibu - Car jack question

What size car jack do I need for this car

If you mean the one that should be in the vehicle just start calling local salvage yards and see if they have one . Actually any good scissor type jack will work . Now if you mean floor jack don’t buy one cheap and get good jack stands at the same time.

Edit: Just for fun I put ( 2011 Chevrolet Malibu jack ) in Google and found lots of places that sold them.

For doing service on it? Or changing a flat tire?

One that is rated to hold up more weight than what your car weighs along with jack stands that also are rated to hold more weight than what your car weighs. Also do NOT buy these items from Harbor Freight

3 Likes

jack stands are used for one corner of the vehicle. All they need to do is hold the weight of that one corner…not the complete weight of the vehicle.

That is true, but I’d still rather have a stand rated to hold more than the entire weight to be on the safe side.

3 Likes

The weakest stands I’ve ever seen are 1-Ton. The ones I own are 2 ton. My highlander weighs about 500lbs over 2 ton.When I did the front brakes on my HL last year I felt complete safe setting the front or back on a pair of them with a combined strength of 8,000lbs.

That’s great, and frankly I know I’m probably using way more than I need to, but I’ve seen enough people come into the hospital crushed by jackstand/jack injuries that I use a much larger safety margin

Gee, I can’t imagine why you recommend against Harbor Freight. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like