2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Engine life prediction

That is a custom 1949 chopped Mercury at the Ventura Nationals in your link, not a Mercedes…

I worked at a Chrysler dealer when the Crossfire was new. The customers were changing oil every 3,000 miles and complained about the cost of an oil change. If they followed the maintenance computer (Flexible Service System), the maintenance cost would be reasonable and would save time in fewer visits for maintenance.

Base miles for the FSS is 7,000 or one year and can go as far as 14,000 miles depending on use.

No, it isn’t . . . at least I didn’t experience that

I’ve heard people also refer to the cars as “Daimler-Benz” or simply “Daimler” . . . although I seem to remember Jaguar also used that “Daimler” name for a time

Yes in the UK where Mercury is not a common car it seems the Merc is short for Mercedes…
But we are Not in the UK, we are based in the USA and the State that you live in started the whole custom car craze and Hot Rod scene…

Here in the Red White and Blue USA, America, A Mer is slang for a Mercury in the Hot Rod and Custom car world… And the Merc is the basses for the Lead Sled…

Is a Merc a Mercedes or Mercury?

In the states, “Merc” refers to a Mercury. In the distant past, Mercs were expensive and on par with Cadillac’s as American muscle/luxury cars. In common American lexicon or sci-fi stories, Mercs are mercenaries. This came out of sci-fi and trickled down into society, I think. Dec 17, 2004

How is the word "merc" pronounced and what does it mean? - pronunciation definition etymology | Ask MetaFilter.

1 Like

ooops! Apologies for the confusion. I removed the incorrect image above.

Yes, here’s an actual Merc

From my professional experience, mb engines are pretty good MECHANICALLY. Not like Toyota but still. What you SHOULD worry about is constant problems with electrical/electronic components. If you connect a professional scanner, I guarantee there are numerous codes for all kinds of modules. This stuff combined may be even more expensive than engine replacement. I recall a case when a tire shop “mechanic” attempted to reset the maintenance light by cutting wires to the oil level sensor. Repair bill: $12,000+.