2010 Ford Escape - O2 exchange code

The fuel fill inlet message recently popped up and i noticed the little metal flap is gone, my service engine light is on in regards to the O2 exchange, I believe.

Your filler neck needs to be replaced as that flap needs to be there to prevent fuel splashing out so it won’t turn on the CEL.

As for the “O2 exchange code” post the actual code here, PXXXX, with an actual question you want answered and we will try to help you.

Thank you for responding. So I went to Autozone to get some Diagnostics and the Error codes that popped up are P0400 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow, P0455 Evaporation Emission System Leak Detected (gross leak/no flow), P0457 Evaporation Emission System Leak Detected (Fuel Cap Loose/off). Autozone suggested parts were the EGR Valve and the EGR Valve Gasket could be needed. What would you suggest I do? I know I need to see a mechanic, but based on your experience, how much would it realistically cost and am I able to fix these issues on my own? Thank YOU

Just having parts replaced by an AutoZone recommendation is a way to spend money for no reason. You will come out ahead by having the mechanic look at it and fix what it really needs. As for cost the mechanic will tell you that since we don’t know where you are or who you might use. You do not need a dealer for this vehicle.

2 Likes

Those codes are clearly the missing flap. That needs to be repaired first. I don’t know what the filer neck would cost to replace.

This car uses an electric EGR valve which can be tested by cycling it with a computer plugged into your car. That would confirm or deny it was the $100 EGR valve and find anything else that might be wrong. The diagnosis will likely run $100 to $175 depending on where you live. A bad EGR will cause the engine to run poorly.

Both of these problem will cause a failed emissions testing, if your state (or country) has one.