2009 Toyota Yaris Base - a good deal?

“Yarislady” I we came to call her, test drove the sedan version of the Yaris then bought the 3 door hatchback thinking it was going to be just like the sedan, but it wasn’t. She didn’t even bother to test the hatchback out before she bought it. I think she was replacing a Geo Tracker with the Yaris

Those are the potential buyers of a Yaris. Drivers going from worse to bad and not knowing the difference as far as handling, performance and riding comfort is concerned.

“Yarislady I came to call her, test drove the sedan version of the Yaris then bought the 3 door hatchback thinking it was going to be just like the sedan, but it wasn’t. She didn’t even bother to test the hatchback out before she bought it. I think she was replacing a Geo Tracker with the Yaris.”

You are partially correct, and partially in error.
She test-drove the sedan, and after-the-fact realized that the shorter hatchback had a much worse ride, as well as a different upholstery pattern. However, she did not realize the differences until after she had paid and driven off the lot.

She had traded in a 3-cylinder Geo Metro, which she essentially described as the most perfect car ever made. When it became apparent that many of her complaints were…silly…I pointed out to her that some people just can’t adapt to changes of any type, and she finally admitted that she is one of those folks. Or, in other words, no new car was going to satisfy her since the old Geo Metro (and its Suzuki version) was no longer being sold

The last that I recall, she was going to get rid of the Yaris hatchback, and see if she could locate another one of those “fantastic” Geo Metros with low odometer mileage. Her screen name–IIRC–was, Otterhere.

@VDCdriver; I sense PTSD. I think I was also having my own heart rate go up with the back and forth on the Yaris/Suzuki comparison.

I remember telling her that if she had any more problems, we(the forum in whole) didn’t want to hear them.
When the last of the Metros die off, and she can’t find any more parts/people to work on hers, I wonder if she’ll still be searching for a replacement.