2009 Tiguan Engine Sound

Sometimes on my Tiguan when I accelerate or brake quickly, or take sharp turns I hear very noticable knocking or popping sound coming from the engine area. Has anyone heard of this or ways to fix?

It may be a small refrigerant pipe that’s knocking against the wheel arch when you accelerate/brake quickly or take sharp turns. There was (I think, I haven’t been able to confirm it) a TSB issued regarding this. The next time you take the car in for maintenance/repairs, ask them to confirm whether or not a rubber dampener has been installed on the pipe. If there is no dampener, putting one on may solve your problem.

Why wonder? This thing must me under warranty. Have VW deal with it.

I did bring it in and they couldnt find anything wrong with it. Not sure if they looked at this pipe, I’ll bring that up when I go.

Thanks for the info.

If that’s the case, and the noise continues, just make sure you bring it up every time you bring the car in for service, and that they document your concern on the service orders. That way, if it does turn out to be a real problem later on down the road (and post-warranty), you will have documented proof that the problem was manifesting itself while the car was still under warranty and that you had brought it to the service department’s attention.