2009 Saturn Aura XR manifold purge connection

I’ve been dealing with a problem where my car will put itself into limp mode after about 30 mins-1 hour of driving. I’ve thoroughly cleaned the throttlebody and connection for it. But I believe I found the problem today, being the manifold connection for the purge line. The connection piece was severely cracked and nearly falling off, and I am wondering if this is something that can be replaced without replacing a much more expensive part(s). I have attached a picture of the connector, and you should be able to see the crack I am talking about in the picture.

GM made Saturns. The fitting just snaps into the manifold. See if a Chevy dealer can lookup and locate the part.

Alternatively, remove the throttle body, remove the plastic fitting and tap the manifold for a pipe thread… carefully collecting the shavings… and fit a brass elbow with a hose nipple on one end and pipe tap on the other.

1 Like

Suggest to post the corresponding list of diagnostic codes stored in computer memory. The purge-tube connection problem at the intake manifold (or throttle body) may not be related to the limp mode.