2008 Highlander tire and wheel alignment

I just purchased my third set of tires for my 2008 Highlander. I have 61,000+ miles on the car. The tires sized 245/55/19 are made only by Toyo and Bridgestone. The Bridgestone tires have received terrible ratings so I continue to stay with Toyo. My third set have much deeper treads and are supposed to be rated for 60,000 miles. Surprisingly they cost a bit less than the OEM tires. My question relates to alignment. Since my front tires showed irregular wear I opted to have an alignment done by my tire shop. The front wheels were aligned without problem but the rear passenger tire showed a camber misalignment. The mechanic told me that the rear strut, to which the rear wheel is attached does not allow for alignment. In order to correct the problem, the mechanic told me that he would have to elongate one of the holes on the strut. Does this seem to be a reasonable solution? Should the manufacturer, Toyota correct the problem?

How often do you rotate your tires ? What do you do for tire maintenance ? (tire pressure esp.) What are you driving habits like ?

Sounds ike a trip to the dealer is in order, they’ll know for sure. Most struts adjust for camber (but not castor), but I don’t know about those in particular. You do need to get it fixed.

First I should correct my comment. I have purchased two new sets and of course the OE tires make the third set. I rotate my tires every 5000 miles and I got a bit better mileage on the second set. We are averaging 20,000 miles a year with this car and many of those miles are interstate miles. My car displays tire pressure and I maintain about 31-32 psi. My real concern relates to the camber problem on the rear wheels. The vehicle does not allow for adjustment.

I am not happy about returning to the dealer as I have had a negative experience with them.

Assuming that you have four or all wheel drive, then yes, elongating a hole or holes in the strut is ok to correct camber. If you have front wheel drive, ask if your mechanic can shim the rear spindle where it mounts to the brake backing plate. That is a little more work, however and the hole method is no better or worse.

If your Toyota is still under warranty, then ask another dealer if the camber issue is covered. It might not be possible as it would be easy for the dealer to claim that you rubbed a curb too hard. You could argue if the camber happens to be out of adjustment in the negative direction that the tire hitting a curb at the bottom outside of the tire could not do that. Then it could be said that you hit a very large pothole so don’t count on the warranty coverage.

I agree with texases; regardless of your negative experience ( I do too) . I’ve had a couple of problems with my Toyotas and my good independent, who didn’t have a clew and/or the experience and tools. If it’s normal for Highlanders and shouldn’t be, you should be told.
I second a trip to the dealer.

Thanks, I guess I need to check with a dealer.

Thanks, I will check out the warranty with a dealer.