2008 GMC Sierra 2500 - Common issues?

gmc

Do you have excessive oil consumption and low oil pressure?

Seriously. you are asking about a 10 year old vehicle out of warranty with unknown miles and history. It does not really matter what anyone else has , you have a worn engine and you need to decide if the vehicle is worth a complete rebuild.

Thanks a lot Captain Obvious! I was looking to see if there were any complaints from owners! How do you know if this problem was not on a vehicle with less than 50 k that has never been abused? What are you some mouthpiece for
GM?

How was Volvo supposed to know that from your original post?

Again, no (he replies like this a lot!) :slight_smile:

Well, we don’t know that, now do we? Now how could we have found this piece of information? From you, in your first post. I also notice you never said WHICH engine you have. Gas? Diesel?

Agree with @VOLVO_V70 It really doesn’t matter if anyone else has this problem, now does it? What would you do with the information if a bunch of people told you they had this problem on their 10 year old trucks?

I have 133,000 on MY 14 year old 5.3 liter V8 1500 and it doesn’t use a quart in 5000 miles. Did that information change anything for you?

OK, OK…,erickson47 isn’t used to us, and he thought he was finding other owners.

No

We have tons of 2008 GMC Sierra 2500s in our fleet, and we don’t have either of those problems