2008 Dodge Caravan A/C issues

My 2008 Dodge Caravan SXT is having A/C problems. The back air works great, all the time…however, the front air randomly turns off and on. It doesn’t matter what speed I’m going, what speed the knob is turned to (low vs. high), it just stops blowing. When I’m driving at a faster speed I can feel the cold air barely coming through the vents, but doesn’t change when I move the knob. All along, the back A/C works perfectly. Please help! I’ve looked online and found a lot of things about the resistor, blower motor, fuse and WIN module. Any ideas or how I can narrow it down without paying the dealership an arm and a leg to fix things that might not even be the issue?

From what you describe it is likely a fan problem. The fact that the rear unit works OK tells you that. I would go to a specialty A/C shop and they will no doubt locate the problem quickly.

Good luck!

It is not the fan. I had a mechanic look at it and if it was something with the fan then the back would have issues too.

The back A/C has a separate switch, right? At least it does in my 08 Caravan. I’m no mechanic, but it sounds like a faulty front fan switch.

The problem might be with the front blower motor starting to fail.

The next time the AC stops blowing out the front vents, pull the vehicle over and while it’s idling reach under the passenger side dash and tap on the blower motor with the handle of a screwdriver. If the blower starts working again replace the blower motor.

Tester