2007 Honda Accord Manual Transmission

My clutch peddle made a slight “snap” sound last night and now it is very difficult to get the car to engage in a gear while sitting still, while moving it does ok, but not nearly as smooth as it should be. The other odd occurrence is that while the motor is running and the car is not moving, you can’t shift any gears at all, but as soon as you cut the motor, all 5 gears and reverse are easily accessible. Why the sound at the peddle and the trouble in the gear shift mechanism? I am only an advanced beginner with car repair, but I think think this is really bad… Any help, thoughts, or suggestions?

It seems your clutch isn’t working now. Either the master or slave cylinder has “popped” and isn’t holding pressure to move the clutch when you move the petal. Not a disaster, but you’ll have to get it fixed. I’d suggest towing the car to a shop for an evaluation and estimate.

Have you checked the fluid? Maybe your fluid needs replacing, although that wouldn’t explain the ‘snap’ you heard…
Does the clutch behave normally while driving? (ie no grabbing, etc)

That ‘snap’ could have been a clutch spring, maybe. I’ve seen those suckers pop out but usually you won’t be able to disengage the clutch.

Is this a hydraulic clutch or a cable clutch???

That didn’t occur to me, as I assumed most if not all newer cars are hydraulic, no?
Some are still cabled?

LOOK at your clutch pedal and make sure that the PIN is still securely pushed through to the other side of the actuator arm to the Clutch Master…sounds like the clip on the pin fell off and now the pin is just barely hooked to the clutch master…Modern and even semi-modern Accords don’t use a clutch cable…least not in any vehicle after 1990 or so… Check the connection at your pedal inside the car, in the drivers foot well area…bring a flashlight too…Just a good thing to look for…if its not that…you can take a look at the clutch slave cylinder and make sure nothing is broken there or the lever didn’t CRACK…those clutch levers/forks often crack and then overflex and cannot do their job…so have a looksie there…after that It can be the master…not necessarily in that order, but that’s the order I may check things over myself

Blackbird

I don’t know if it’s cable or hydraulic. Years ago many light weight cars had a cable clutch. I only saw hydraulic clutches on heavier cars or trucks. It could all likely be hydraulic. Just asking because when the OP said he heard a snap it brought back memories when the clutch cable on my Vega snapped.

Its Hydraulic…

UncleTurbo1:15PMReport

It seems your clutch isn’t working now. Either the master or slave cylinder has “popped” and isn’t holding pressure to move the clutch when you move the petal. Not a disaster, but you’ll have to get it fixed. I’d suggest towing the car to a shop for an evaluation and estimate.

I’d bet this is the problem!!