2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Transmission issues

Vehicle will not switch gears correctly. I had to have help pushing my vehicle backward because it wouldn’t go 8nto reverse. It went to hell overnight. 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4.2L V6 I believe there should be a recall?

On a thirteen year old vehicle, with unknown miles, with unknown service history. You think there should be a recall for a transmission problem? Has the transmission been serviced every 30,000 miles? Has it been abused?

1 Like

And you are completely wrong .

There is no guarantee on a 13 year old vehicle. I have a 2008 Isuzu Ascender which is a Trailblazer with a Isuzu badge on it. It has been a great vehicle and still runs good with over 150000 miles on it but GM owes me nothing at this point specially when the value of the vehicle is maybe $1000 at this point . Either replace the tranny or buy another vehicle . Did you check to see if it has any tranny fluid in it ? The cooler lines eventually rust out .

Have it towed to a good independent transmission shop and see what they say. I’d have a used transmission installed and start looking for a replacement.

1 Like