2007 Camry Transmission

I have 2007 Camry V6 XLE. Over the past year we have had at least 5 incidents of the car not going into gear when first started. This includes reverse when leaving garage and drive when out in parkig areas. Toyota claims they have no records of any other claims for this issue. It even happened at the Toyota lot when we were waiting for service to be done during oil change. All fluid levels have been checked and they were good. They suggested we leave car with them so they could try to get it to do this. This has all happened over the last year. We have about 47K miles on vehicle and purchased new. I have seen articles similar to this on the web and same issue, Toyota has no answer. Need advise as to how to fix this? Thanks

Is the Powertrain Warranty still in effect?
If it is, then you are essentially tied to a Toyota dealership for diagnosis and repair, but not necessarily this Toyota dealership. It is possible that another dealer’s service department would be more expert in diagnosis and repair.

If nobody at any Toyota service dept can seem to help you, then you need to contact Toyota Customer Service at the corporate level. Contact info is in your Owner’s Manual.

On the other hand, if the Powertrain Warranty has ended, there is no reason to waste your time (and money) at a Toyota dealer’s service dept. If it is no longer under warranty, you should take the car to an independent trans shop for expert diagnosis and repair.

Whatever you do DO NOT go to AAMCO, Lee Myles, Cottman, Mr. Transmission, or any other chain operation, unless you want to be told that you need a new transmission–whether you really do or not.

And Toyota would be lying.

In 2007 there was a rash of problems with the Camry/Avalon and Lexus transmissions. It was quickly resolved and fixed. From what I read only 5k transmission ever made it to the buying public. The problem was an internal pump not providing enough volume. The fix was to put in a different more powerful pump.

We own a 07 ES-350 and before we bought it I did a lot of research and discovered this. This problem should have been fixed by the dealer…IF THIS IS THE SAME PROBLEM. There is a service bulletin about this.