2006 Subaru Outback wagon

I have recently noticed a problem with the way my car is driving. My 2006 Subaru Outback wagon is driving hesitatnly; as I press the gas to accelerate it is very hesitant, like I am pulling an enormous load. And sometimes as I push on the gas, it finally seems to accelerate, I physically feel my car jerk (like someone driving a standard transmission and changing gears to jerky). Please can someone help?

If, as I suspect, your car is still under warranty, you do not have to know what the problem is, and the responsibility lies with the dealership. Bear in mind that the powertrain warranty runs for something like 3 yrs./50,000 miles, if not more. Check your warranty coverage in the booklet in your glove compartment!

If I am correct, simply describe the symptoms to the Subaru service department and let them diagnose it. Even if you tell them what you think the problem is, they still have to go through a standard diagnostic protocol, but my best guess at this point is that you may have a clogged fuel filter or a weak fuel pump. If it is the fuel filter, this is not covered by the warranty, but virtually everything else is, as long as you have not exceeded the mileage limit.

Hopefully a powertrain issue as they are covered for 5yrs/60,000 miles. Everything else is 3yrs/36,000 miles. I would take a trip to the dealer.