2006 PT Cruiser Headlamps

I got a '06 PT Cruiser with 135k miles on it. About a month ago my right low beam headlamp went out. I replaced the bulb and it worked fine. About one week later the left low beam headlamp went out. I replaced the bulb and it worked for a few days then it went out. The bulb is fine…I switched it with the right lamp and t works there. I checked all the fuses I could locate and found none burnt out. I took it to garage and they said I needed a new “power module/fuse box” (P56049719AJ) costing $768.00 parts & labor. Call me skeptical but I find it hard to swallow that getting the left low beam headlamp to work should cost that much. The also charged me $90 for the diagnostic which they said would not be deducted from the bill if I had them fix it. Please tell me there’s another less expensive way to get the light to work.
Thanks,
Rudacious

do any used auto parts places have what you need???

do any used auto parts places have what you need???

My suggestion as well. If you are comfortable with pulling the part yourself, you can probably get it for around $25.00. It will be somewhat higher if it is on the shelf already.

Unless I miss my guess, I seem to understand that they want to change out your entire fusebox because of one line. Stop by a place tha specializes in automotive electrical and see what they say. It should not be necessary to change out that entire box to fix a bad ciruit.

I had a similar experience with my PT Cruiser 07. Initial incident was a deer hit the left side. Got it fixed, or so was told. left light went out. some many hours later thd body shop said it was the module also.
Took it a friends “shop” and they fixed it. Few weeks later front left head light went out again.
Took it to the CHY dealership, turns out the wiring harness either;
A: was never soddered(sp) in place to start with,
Or B: it had came loose on a trip.
They resoddered it, haven’t had an issue since.
Ask them to check that if they can.

Edit: Also, when tested a positive charge would come through the wires for the lamp, but when plugged in, no go.

1. Look for corroded connections
  2. Check out the junk yards
  3. Check out the competition for more competent mechanics
  4. Sell the car (in the daytime).