2006 Nissan Altima service engine light

2006 Altima 2.5s in the last 6 month, service engine light comes on, crank and crank will not start after may be 10-12 times and next day will start normal how long it is been sitting what is the weather.makes no difference it is random, have 2 new sets of oem spark plugs, 2 fuel pumps , nothing seems to alter that, now the service engine light comes and goes …thanks

What is the code it sets when the service engine light comes?

Let me guess, P0340 (camshaft position sensor) or P0355 (crankshaft position sensor)

Both sensors can give intermittent starts.

Get the codes, post back and we’ll see if e can help.

neither codes, and I took to a pro mechanic in these cars, he checked and he said both are almost new, and it is the fuel pump, got replaced , worked x 2 -3 days, back again, too it back, another new fuel pump 2 days back again, in between the service engine light comes on/off, random crank with no start , losing large amount of antifreeze , no leak, spark plugs replaced with brad new for the last year and half, the car got 170,000 and if it is head gasket in my book it is not WORH SPENDING the money, how do you feel about products that claim to fix head gasket leaks even temp

thanks

If you are losing coolant and no puddles underneath, you have lost the head gasket. I hate pour-in products that claim to fix head gaskets because they can clog radiators and things as well… BUT… if this car isn’t worth spending money on, you might try it. What do you have to lose? I don’t think this will help. Sounds like this car needs some serious work.