2006 Kia Sedona starting problem

Hi, I have a 2006 Kia Sedona which has done 57000 miles. For the last 2 weeks I have been having starting problem. When I turn the key there is no ‘starting sound’, the lights, radio and the AC start working but the engine does not start up at all. After several attempts and after keeping the key in ‘ignition on’ position the engine fires up and starts running. It has been happening intermittently and fortunately for me it happened at the dealer and they are saying it is a short circuit in starter motor and the entire starter has to be replaced. It is covered by the warranty but I want to know if thats what is wrong. A friend of mine who had similar problems was saying that he had to replace starter 3-4 times before they discovered that a wire was defective which was not sending enough amps to start the engine. Please guide me as to what to do.

It is possible that the starter is causing this problem.

Since it’s under warranty and the problem happened at the dealer so they were able to test it perhaps it’s okay to believe the dealer is doing a good job?

Allow the dealer to do their job. Best advice I can give you for now.

Under warranty starter was changed, but they found that "IPM’ or something like a fuse box was shortcircuited by the faulty starter, so they changed it as well. Now 1 month after this episode I have not experienced any problems. Otherwise the car is running well.