2006 impala no brakes

Lol not going to happen no one can afford a shop. I won’t take a shop as an answer I’ll fix this myself. Lmao. I’m gonna redo the entire brake system if all else fails.

And you think that replacing everything in the brake system will be cheaper than a proper diagnosis and repair by a good shop? Sorry, that’s bass ackwards thinking.

5 Likes

It is tho lol shop will charge me around 1k. I can fix for about 3-400$ myself anyway
I reverse bled brakes car stops now no air in system, master cylinder bled . but there is definitely a vacuum leak. Did a smoke test, vacuum hose is not leaking, check valve is working . only thing could be is the plug connecting the hose to the engine or the booster itself. I’m almost positive the booster is the culprit but also when I press my brake power struggles and sometimes shuts off the vehicle. Sooo I know some of you wanna disagree but if someone could send a diagram of the 06 impala power booster much appreciated otherwise I’ll figure it out myself. I’m still going to replace the abs module as its always been faulty.

Also I’m basically halfway done redoing the entire brakes, when I bought this car I was going to completely rebuild it anyway.

fixed. needed to run autobleed from scan tool a bunch of times. started to bleed after that. needed to autobleed the abs like 30 times.