2006 Chevy Equinox problems

I’ve had a cruise control problem for some time now but have notice a trend. During the spring/summer months it doesn’t work at all. However, during the fall/winter months it works fine. I’m stumped. Also, my heater doesn’t seem to work anymore. All i get is cold air blowing through the vents. The only way to get heat is to let the car idle for a while as to pull heat from the engine to get warm air in the car so I’m not freezing while I drive. Any help is appreciated on either problem.

I suggest checking the vacuum lines in your car. Make sure you don’t have one disconnected, loose or split.

It is also possible that the cooling system thermostat is stuck in the open position. That would make it difficult to get sufficient heat from your HVAC system once the car is moving.

In addition to producing problems with cabin heat, a thermostat that is stuck in the open position will lead to sludging of your motor oil, which can produce some really serious and expensive engine problems. It will also reduce your gas mileage and will increase the emissions level in the exhaust. All of these situations are the result of an engine that is running too cool.

I would suggest that you have the thermostat replaced.