2006 Cadillac DTS - Should I tune up the trans?

2006 dts ,should you get a transmission tune up

What does this ’ Tune up ’ consist of ? Are you having problems that make you ask this question ?
Does this tune up recommendation come from a real transmission shop ?
A fluid exchange might be all you need but if the transmission is on it’s way out that might not even help.

1 Like

I can’t say that I’ve ever heard of a transmission tuneup so i would be interested to know what that consists of and who made the recommendation.

3 Likes

Was just figuring was it something that’s needed to keep all maintenance going

As per the dealer it’s recommendation to do it at 30,000 which basically is changing the fluid pan and gasket ,but not flushing the engine

That is not a tune up but a fluid exchange which is a good thing to do . You only have 30000 on a 2006 ?
I guess Eric and Slamm are the same person ??
There may be other service items that you need to have done also such as Brake fluid if it has never been done.

When is the last time the transmission fluid was changed? How about the coolant and brake fluid?

1 Like

Back in the 60’s they’d do a pan drop and filter change and adjust the bands for a trans tune up I guess. I don’t think there are any bands to adjust anymore without a disassembly so it’s just drop the pan and change the filter-or fluid exchange if you wish.