2005 Volvo XC 90

Do I have a lemon? We purchased our Vovlo XC 90 new from the local dealership. We just hit 25K miles this week - we obviously don’t drive it a lot. So far we have had to replace the head gasket and replaced the transmission twice! We’ve also had to have the CD player replaced. Lucky for us, everything has been under warranty. But this is getting rediculious. From what I’ve read about the California Lemon Law I’m not sure we qualify. But I’d sure like some input if we have a lemom and should be trying to protect ourselves in some way. All thoughts and comments welcome.

It is difficult to know if it is a lemon from here. I don’t know what kind of driver you are. I don’t know whether you haved teenagers driving it. Do you take it off-road? Did you or someone else drive it while it was overheating? I don’t know whether or not you keep up with the maintenance, although you probably are if your warranty is paying for these repairs.

Do you owe more than the car is worth? If not, it might be in your best interest to trade it in before the value goes down or something else goes wrong, but I would be sure not to trade it in for another Volvo. Find a car you feel safe with that has a better reputation for reliability.

My advise is either rid yourself of the vehicle once the warranty expires if you can take the financial bath OR if you plan on keeping get a Volvo backed extended warranty 7yrs/100,000 miles for piece of mind. You may get Volvo to throw this in a cut rate or free given the excessive issues you have run into. Subaru tends to do this when an owner complains about losing an engi9ne or something else major.

The warranty will be cheaper instead of financial bath you will take getting rid of it. Good luck.