2005 Ford Freestyle A/C Drain

Does anybody know where the A/C drain is located on the 2005 Freestyle? I’m getting the driver’s side floor soaked. Haven’t had any rain and can’t see any condensate dripping at all.

The drain is rubber tube that hangs down towards the ground. Located at the center of the firewall, engine side. Compressed air can be used to clear the drain or a length of trimmer string can also be used.

Tester

Pulled the carpet back and started the car w/ the A/C running. I could see condensate dripping under the car but can not tell where it’s coming from. Can’t see the hose for all the stuff. Will have to put it up on my ramps and crawl under and see if I can find it from below.
I had no condensate running down inside the car to help locate the approximate position or source.

Keep an eye on your coolant and see if what is on the floor might be antifreeze. It sounds more typical of a bad heater core.

No smell like anti-freeze, and level in reservoir is normal. It’s been running 95-100F here with 50% and up humidity. A/C is pulling a lot of humidity from the air.

Finally got a chance to get under the car and found the drain. The drain on a Freestyle is not a rubber tube, but a short stub that extends straight out from the firewall, near the center of the vehicle, and fairly low and under the sloped-back section of the firewall. Happened to have the driver’s door open and could see light around the hole in the firewall where the drain exits. Blew air through the drain and it wasn’t plugged. I think the condensate comes out the drain and is blown back through the opening while driving. When the car sits still no water enters through the opening. This would also explain why the driver side gets wet in a heavy downpour. I had thought it was the windshield seal leaking as it is torn on one side.

Looks like a case of poor QC by Ford. I’ll hit them up and see what they forgot to install to seal the firewall opening. Also intend on adding a short section of plastic tubing to extend the drain toward the ground. Meantime, it’s good ol’ duct tape to the rescue.