2004 Subaru Outback 192000 lemonlover's lemon

One of my coworkers rented multiple storage containers . . . large ones, apparently . . . for years, and the rental costs handily exceeded the value of the items stored within

I managed a self storage facility for a couple of years and it is common for long term storage units to have nothing of real value in them . Very seldom did an auction of delinquent units ever really have valuable stuff in them .

My coworkerā€™s storage units did indeed have items of real value . . . brake lathes, wheel balancers, all sorts of diagnostic tools, tire mounting machines, etc. . . . but the guy rented so many large units for so many years, the rental costs handily exceeded the value of the contents

The guy should have sold the items, in order to have money for rent, food, utilities, etc. . . .

Value is in the eyes of the lemon lover. One chair I have is a rocking chair I bought from a habitat for humanity restore store for one dollar. I put it back together, put some nice fabric on the seats and it looks like itā€™s worth 50 bucks. Iā€™m probably going to give it away to a friend Iā€™m cheap but my things are worth more to me than a million bucks. Money means little to me, so evidenced to what I had to spend in the end on my lovely lemon of a car. I kno, I know, it was old and worn out! But I expected it would go another 100 thou miles. Guess this one had its travels.