Hello I am new to the community. I have a situation that it is so puzzling, I don’t know what to do.
I changed the oil in my car, like I’ve done several times before. Except this time something went very wrong.
- I drained the oil and replaced the filter. I waited until there was no oil draining in both areas and the car was leveled.
- My car takes 7 quarts, I put 6 and test drove it.
- Immediately my car drove sluggish and very different than normal, it felt as to the transmission was not shifting correctly.
- I went back home and checked the oil, the dipstick showed my car being overfilled. I drained about a quart of oil and the car still showed over filled
- Other than the car running sluggish there is no smoke or any other symptoms of overfilling. I have checked the transmission fluid and it is clear and the oil seems to be only oil.
- a few days later the car was still not driving correctly and I drained the entire oil out of the pan. There was only 2.5 quarts than drained. By my estimation there should have been minimum 5 quarts
- The dipstick still showed overfilled. I turned the car for a minute and no low pressure light or anything came on
- I drove it for 1 block and the transmission wouldn’t shift smoothly especially in reverse
- I came back and put the oil back in the car, because I realized for some reason I cannot trust the dipstick.
thank you in advanced for your kind help