2004 Lexus, Too OLD!?

Massena NY is one of the coldest spots in the country… -40 is not unheard of.

Massena Makes Winter Weather History | News | nny360.com

Any car that is in that climate is subject to extreme cold temps and a lot of road salt. I’d be very leery about buying a car from that area. I’d want to see documented maintenance records and have it thoroughly inspected for rust.

1 Like

Speaking of low miles. I just saw a 78 camaro with 3k miles. But no motor or trans? Seller wants 12k. So, it must have an interesting story. Is viewable starting tomorrow. I know a 78 is plain but it might be a good starting point for a restomod.

If you are really interested, get a pre-purchase inspection done by a mechanic you trust for around $125. Figure out the market value for the car in clean condition (no problems) and subtract the cost of everything it needs. That’s what you should be willing to pay. I didn’t check the asking price, but sellers often have an inflated sense of the value of low mileage.

Talk about shooting for the moon. And who cares about mileage if there’s no motor or transmission?

2 Likes

Ahhhhh - I do.

I would worry about the rust.

Is the $8500 in Canadian or US dollars? Big difference.

1 Like

I think this post is a reply to VDC that he will not touch the vehicle with a 10 foot pole either .