2004 Hyundai sonata v6 2.7 starting trouble

My wife has a 2004 Hyundai sonata v6 2.7.

Thermostat was reading hot
Replaced thermostat
While replacing thermostat
Breather hose broke that runs from the air filter to the carburetor due to being brittle and hard
Replaced breather hose
And now:
Car has hard time starting ONLY when you put gas in the tank, any other time it starts just fine
This only started after replacing breather hose
Replaced idle control motor and gasket
Car still has hard time starting ONLY when you put gas in the tank, any other time it starts just fine

Can you help us?

Kenneth & Jenniffer Brock
krbrock@airmail.net

Please go back and edit your post. It is never a good idea to put your names and email out on an open web site!

@ cdaquila You might want to edit mr weekends post.

I agree that you should go pull your personal info. This is just a wide-open discussion board.

I assume that you mean a breather hose that connects to the throttle body broke, since the car is fuel injected.

In any case, if the no starts are always connected to filling the gas tank then the work you did is probably completely coincidental. Hard starts or no starts after fueling up are usually related to problems in the car’s evaporative emissions system. This captures the gas tank’s fumes, stores them in a charcoal canister, and feeds them into the engine to be burned. If anyone is in the habit of topping off the tank (continuing to pump after it shuts off) then your canister may be saturated and the system ends up with liquid fuel in it after a fill-up and than floods the engine. Try not filling all the way a couple of times - just go to 3/4 tank or so and see what happens.