2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Skips

My 04 Trailblazer has a skip in the engine when it is cold or under a strain ( going up hill ) After it warms up it seems to be a little better but the skip is still there. I replaced 2 coils so far and cleared the code. I just put dry gas in and filled up the tank hoping that was the problem. Not it still skips. Saw so videos on what it could be but that wasn’t the problem. I hope someone had the sameproblem I have and could tell me what to do to fix my issue.

You are asking for help but haven’t told us how many miles on the SUV, which engine it has or what the codes were that caused you to change those 2 coils. We don’t even know what you know, how can we possibly help you fix your problem?

Post back with the details - codes, mileage, engine - and we’ll try and help.

1 Like

Trailvoy.com might me a good place to look. Just for kicks you can check the fuel pressure regulator, if the vacuum hose smells like gas it needs to be replaced.

The truck has 124,000 miles on it. It has the 6 cyl. 4.2 engine. I have changed the # 1 and # 3 coils and all the plugs. The codes were p301 and p303 ( coil codes) I have had my mechanic working on the truck and I do the simple things and if I can’t figure it out it goes to him.