I have my Audi A4 checked at a local dealer and was told that the car had a number of issues.
I have listed the issues with quotes for prices
- Thermostat housing is leaking.Tech advised to remove and replace thermostat housing ($500)
- Tech also found water pump is leaking. Tech advised to remove and replace water pump ($1200)
- Camshaft adjuster gaskets and Valve cover gasket leaking ($900)
- Power steering pump leaking ($830)
- Steering Rack ($1920 + 170 for alignment)
- Front engine mount ($140)
- Left engine mount ($400)
- Transmission Output Flange leaking ($410)
- Catalytic converter ($1600)
I took the car from a friend of mine. He had the water pump replaced 2 years ago. I believe the valve cover gasket was replaced last year.
I do see the coolant level below “min”, but it is fairly steady. Tech said the coolant light was on but I did not see it when I drove to the dealer.
Could anyone please tell me what are the most pressing issues that need to be fixed
Thank you in advance!