2003 F150 SuperCrew - Rough Idle to Stall

I have a 2003 F150 SuperCrew with 180k. Has been a great truck. Last fall the check engine light came on, and I took it to Advance Auto and they said to replace the lower O2 sensor. Did that and light stays on. Ever since then, and getting worse, is when I crank truck, it idles very rough, and if it sits too long it will just “choke itself out” and quit. Recently this has happened while driving on road too. If it’s any help, I have to shift the gearshift to N to crank it. I get power but no crank if I try it in P. Thanks to any responses…might just be time to trade her in.

... I have to shift the gearshift to N to crank it. I get power but no crank if I try it in P.

This usually means the neutral safety switch needs to be replaced. This shouldn’t cause problems once the engine is running. Plugs, coils, plug wires (if applicable), MAF sensor, injectors, many possibilities.

Get the codes read once more, but don’t let them dictate what parts to buy. Then post them here in their PO xxx form and we may be abler to help a little better.

And if you ever go in for open heart surgery…don’t let the guy that pushes the gurney into the operating room tell you “I can fix that”.

Yosemite

Thanks - will get on these items tomorrow.