2003 Corolla

I have a 2003 Corolla with way too many miles, over 230K… The problem I’m having is that the check engine light is on and the car stalls occasionally giving signs that fuel is not being pumped through the system. I was told it was my Catalytic converter so I had that replaced and it still stalled again. I was told the last time it stalled by the Car Club Mechanic that it was an electrical problem having to do with the fuel system. Any suggestions anyone.

The facts are: "The check engine light is on, and the engine ocassionally stalls."
We need any other symptoms and the code, such as P0300, for the check engine light. Details (of the engine behavior, and the weather conditions) help in a possible line of diagnosis.

That CEL (check engine light) is just a kid in class waving her hand trying to get you attention because she has the answer. You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code (like P0123) not just their translation into English and post it back here.

the car stalls occasionally giving signs that fuel is not being pumped through the system

It could also be a loss of ignition.

I was told it was my Catalytic converter so I had that replaced

Anyone who told you that should be avoided in the future. Incompetent.

I’ll get the code tomorrow since I have an appointment with the dealer. But as for the weather conditions, it seems to do it when it is cold and I don’t allow the car to warm up. If I take off after about 30 seconds after I start it on a cold day it is bound to cut off. But I noticed in the past week if I let it warm up in place and then drive off, No problem. I’ve also started it on a cold day, and while letting it warm up it cut off on me. I let it sit for about 2 minutes, started it up again and it was fine.