2003 Buick Rendezvous - How do I steal my own car back?

changed to after market cd stereo/RADIO.and vehicle emobiliser engaged giving me a no crank no start,and the factory cd radio got trashed and i do not know which wires were security and what electronics ,if any were in the factory radio cd.

Not sure if that helps or not…

https://portal-diagnostov.com/images2/buick/wiring-diagrams/184057/21a591a5017389537591a5024900d947.svg?v=цуацуацуацуа=234&цуацуауца=23423fjl

how long after replacing the head unit did the vehicle not start???

The immobilizer should have killed the vehicle just as soon as the radio was swapped out if the two are linked together, that would have to be through the immobilizer sending a radio signal through the antenna for that to happen I would think, and on the years around yours I thought the immobilizer is hard wired to the vehicle… Just remember that GM had a problem with them going bad years ago as you could find out the resistance in the key chip and put a resistor in place of the immobilizer bypassing it being able to use a standard key…

Considering we know NOthing about your car other than it being a Buick… And considering you don’t seem to know much about radio wiring to a car with an immobilizer… The best I can advise is to have it towed to a shop or a dealer that can un-do what you have done. Call first and tell them more than you told us.

Bring money… maybe lots of it.

3 Likes

Does your aftermarket radio have instructions that tell you how to handle it? Dos the stereo manufacturer’s website have instructions online? If you did this swap yourself you might contact the company.

Isn’t this PATS in that year GM? They have hardwired signals, pulse train going to the PATS so not a simple voltage signal. There were years where the “radio” was central to the security system.

OP, if you attempt to start the car and leave the key in the ON position, is the SECURITY dash lamp illuminated?

I think this tread is dead, the OP was a one and done poster, If I am seeing it right (still learning the site) he has not been back here since he edited the post on the 27th…