2003 buick la sabre cooling/trans problem

MAKE SURE you have a transmission guy check the current fluid to see if there are any traces of engine coolant in it. This will determine whether you should waste the money on a flush and filter change or not because I’m telling you with 100% certainty that if the current fluid is contaminated with engine coolant, it is a goner. You can put that $150-$200 towards a rebuilt or used trans.

Also, DONT consult with a general mechanic about transmission issues unless he is trained in transmissions. He will sell you a flush and service and get his money but when your trans fails, he’ll shrug his shoulders and boast about how he is not a transmission guy.

transman

don’t worry man, this guys not trying to rob me, his mechanic shop is right next store to my dads body shop. there’s a free exchange of service, advise, and tool borrowing. anyway… so i had the flush done, the guy said there was only traces of coolant…next to nothing… so I’m good to go right? well, I get it on the road today, and its ok for a half hour then after some highway driving i get off the ramp and all of a sudden its horribly shifting between all gears and the service engine light is now on finally… but oddly enough it calms down after sitting for a few minutes literally like 2 minutes. I baby it back home and find that the air intake has popped off, which explains the horrible operation, but the code reader says po 742 stuck open torque solenoid. I tightened the intake and replaced the air filter, the engine light has been cleared and has not returned, but still lightly slapping gears after warm-up.

thoughts?

he did say maybe even no fluids mixed. he didn’t test the fluid, but there really wasnt any "strawberry milk shake.

transman618 is the most knowledgeable transmission guy on this site. He was trying to save you time,effort and money. I can’t figure out why people ask for advise if they don’t want to take it.