2002 Volvo V40 instruments won’t work

Trying to figure out why my car instruments won’t work, speedometer, tachometer, gas gauge and oil gauge. also at start up battery doesn’t hold a charge and there is a warning light that comes on with the car and an “X” across it when the key is turned on then goes out. I have never owned or worked on a 2002 Volvo V40 before so I’m at a bit of a disadvantage and have a learning curve to go through

Start with having the battery charged and tested. Make sure the terminals are clean when you reinstall the battery.

Thanks and I did just that after posting and everything is fine now but noticed that someone worked on it before I got the car had installed a 550 CCA AC Delco battery and on further looking at what is supposed to be installed is a 600 CCA battery or bigger in the car and living in TX. It gets pretty hot so it’s also suggested by Volvo to go up to a 760 CCA to help extend the life and improve the cold start process. Again thanks for the help

I assume the current battery is in good shape and if so you may as well keep using it until it starts to get weak. Then upgrade to the better battery.