2002 Nissan Xterra Intermient Start

Hello,
I have a 2002 Nissan Xterra 3.3 SE that has a intermittent starting issue. I have replaced the fuel filter. The previous owner would bang on the plate under the seat of back passenger seat and would seem to temporarily fix the issue. After days of not starting I resorted to replacing the fuel filter thinking it may help. Now I still can not get the car to start. Can anyone look at the following pictures and tell me why the would have spliced this white/blue wire and had a rolled up wire attached. The rolled up wire seemed to not be connected to anything as the other end seemed to be connected to nothing. I am assuming the either were trying to ground to something or get power from something but I have very limited knowledge of mechanics. This is the only mode of transportation I have so any help would be amazing. Note the orange wire on the opposite connector had corrosion so I cut it out and re-wired it. Thank you in advance.

That tells me that your fuel pump (not filter) is bad and needs replaced.

If the other end of that red wire is not connected to anything, remove it.

And please at least cover those bare wires with electrical tape.

I’ve done some research and I think that the white wire is used for power correct? Someone spliced it and connected the red roll of wire too it why would the possibly do this?

Because they have no idea what they are doing. If you get this thing running I would have someone really take a look at it to make sure there are not other things that might make this a fire hazard.

What do you mean by “won’t start”? Does it crank ok, but doesn’t catch and run? Or does it not crank at all, that rr rrr rrr sound, except for maybe a click?

Don’t have a clue what those wiring changes were for, but the wire-to-wire connections are not done correctly. Twisting wires together and just taping them over is a sure fire way to get electrical system problems, including intermittent cranking and starting. Ask your shop to either crimp or solder all those bare wire connections.