So I have a 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara all stock everything. The headlights were working fine the other day and then suddenly they stopped working.
- All of the other lights (parking, turn, interior, etc) work fine.
- When I put on the headlights, the lights themselves do not turn on.
- however, the high beam indicator light on the dash lights up.
- When I ‘flash’ the high beams or try to turn the high beams on, nothing happens.
- If I shut the headlights off, but keep the running lights on, I can turn on the fog lights (which is how I’ve been driving at night)
Initially I suspected a fuse, but after a day of no headlights, they miraculously turned back on again. except the passenger side light was significantly dimmer than the driver’s side.
while driving (with the headlights on) they shut back off again and I haven’t been able to get them back on again.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I’ve been leaning towards the multi-function switch, but not really sure. if it is the MFS, is there a repair I could do? (I saw the repair about the fog light issue turning on and off, but haven’t found one for the headlight switch)