2002 FORD TAURUS signal light flashing stops

I have a 2002 Ford Taurus…(188k Miles!!..that’s no typo!) About a week ago, I noticed that while at a stoplight preparing to make a left turn, the signal flashing sound and actual light stopped flashing, but was on. I tested the emergemcy lights and they did the same thing–they came on, but did not flash, nor make the clicking noise. After I stop the car, and start her up again, the signal lights work again. They will work for about 10-15 minutes -it varys and “freeze” again. Today was the first day they started working again without a restart------but it was about 20 minutes. Any ideas?? Would a fuse cause this?

Replace the rear light(s) that serve as turn signals and parking light(s).

Your 2002 Ford Taurus has an Electronic Flasher Module which controls, both, turn indicator lamps and hazard lamps. Here are the wiring diagrams for the unit, and the circuitry: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/repairinfo/repairguide/repairGuideContent.jsp?fromSearchPage=true&pageId=0996b43f8036e045&partName=Turn+Signal+Stop+Hazard+Lamps&partId=0996b43f8036e045
You might get a replacement Electronic Flasher Module at an auto parts store, Ford dealer, or salvage yard.

I thought of that, except all the bulbs themselves are working…and I can manually make the signal flash by moving the wand up and down…kind of a pain when on the freeway. It’s just that the auto signal or emergency flashing …will just stop after about 10-15 minutes of driving.