2002 Chevy Tracker-throttle positoning sensor

Where is the throttle positioning sensor located? I either have the wrong part or the wrong spot.

The TPS is located on the throttle body at the end of the throttle cable. Your Tracker comes with a 2.0 4 cylinder and a 2.5 6 cylinder. The TPS is different on both engines. Did you get the right TPS? It’s a black phenolic cased component with a wire lead. It moves in conjunction with your throttle cable.

According to NAPA it’s the right part. But going by your description it’s the wrong part. The part I have is a black case, but it doesn’t have a wire lead. It seems like it just plugs in but it doesn’t fit anywhere that I can see. I was trying to do this myself to save money.

Sorry…I may have confused you. The lead stays attached to the vehicle. It’s plugged into the TPS. I just added the wire lead to help you find the component on the throttle body. What engine do you have? This is a TPS for a 6 cylinder: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsShelf.jsp?displayName=Throttle+Position+Sensor&currentPage=1&categoryDisplayName=Fuel+Delivery&navValue=14900136&itemId=136-0&parentId=49-0

Thanks, We went to autozone site and found part. NAPA sold me wrong one. I had the right spot. I’m so proud of myself.

Great. Thanks for the feedback…we seldom get it.

NAPA. Not Always Properly ASEd? Only one I could think of.

Who’s we?

I’m sure missileman meant the people, such as himself, who just hang out here a lot and post answers/feedback for people’s questions. People show up all day everyday, post questions about problems issues, they get replies/suggestions/advice from a certain number of regulars on these boards, and then never come back to tell anyone what all came of a problem.

So the “we” who hear about a lot of problems and make a lot of guesses about them are always really happy when someone actually comes back to post the resolution.

Oh, this is my first time here. Thank you, we. From, us.

Bingo, cigroller.