2001 toyota corolla........please help

I’m buying a 2001 toyota corolla that has 169,000 miles on it. The car dealer is letting me drive it for a week b4 I officially purchase it. My question,…when I start the car, It purrs like a kitten, and is very quiet, but on the passenger side of the car, I hear a clicking sound over and over. It’s definitely coming from the front of the car. When I let off the gas, it goes away. This clicking sound lasts around 5 mins, then quiets to the point it’s not very noticeable. Do u have any idea what it could be? I have until tuesday and the dealer will fix it then if i know the issue. After that, it’s my responsibility. Thanks! Chris

CV joint or wheel bearing maybe…Does the car have to be moving?

What’s their asking price? Is it a Toyota dealer or a used car lot?

This has to be the strangest arrangement I’ve ever heard of. Just start rattling things off that need to be fixed so that they’ll fix lots and lots of things before they break.

You need to take the car to an actual mechanic for an overall inspection. Most shops will check out a used car for prospective purchase & charge an hour labor or so. In the long run its normally more than worth the $$.

2nd taking it to a mechanic for a pre-sale inspection.

Take it to a good independent mechanic and have it inspected stem to stern.

Always take a potential used car buy to an independent mechanic to have it checked out. Always.