2001 ram 5.2. help! my dash is cracking like crazy!

I dont know if anyone else has had this problem but my trucks dash has cracks all over it. It must be some cheap plastic or is it just my truck? maybe there is a recall?

the vinyl/plastic dashboards get cracked and brittle from the sun.

it is too late now for this truck, but the armour all protector works wonders to keep this from happening in the future.

maybe, possibly if you used armour all on it now it would stop the progression of the cracking, but i doubt it. you could try other brands, buti dont have any experience with others.

By most accounts, armor all is not the best product and cn actually cause damage. Just replace the dash and find a good product to keep it from drying out.

This is a very common problem on the older body style ram trucks. There is no recall to address this problem. I would suggest a dash cover instead of a dash replacement unless you are planning on keeping the truck for a while. If you do replace the dash, be sure the VIN plate is also swapped, as it is attached to dash on this model.

If you live in the hot southwest then the sun can cause this PDQ. It can happen on any car.
There is not going to be a recall for a dash pad problem; ever.

Your easiest and least inexpensive option is a dash pad cover.

I have a 99 and same deal, I had my dash replaced and the Dodge Dealer did not follow the advice on swapping the VIN plate. It is a real pain to get a new one.

Yep, a dash cover is the cheapest way to go. Or you can spend a few more bucks and get a molded cover. Take a look here:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/VehicleBrowse/tf-VehicleBrowse/s-10101/N-111+2001+200733181+600013183/c-10101

Whatever solution you use, a sunscreen will help prevent future damage. Dewey, Cheatam & Howe would suggest that you remove the sunscreen when you drive!

Hey, Ok, your shoulder must be feeling a little better- you’re using the shift key again. Hope that’s the case!

Certainly Armour All does claim or infer it protects, but frankly I don't believe it and the information I have seen from independent sources indicates that it is more likely to cause problems than solve or prevent them. 

I suggest a cover and/or parking out of the sun.

hate to be a smart A**, but try some botox,or get a dash pad,couldnt let it go.