2001 Mercury Sable running very rough and stalling at lights/stops

I have a 2001 mercury sable, she was a great runner for some time ( has over 200k on odometer) lately she has been idling funny, first she revs high and then suddenly drops low and idles very rough, if it’s in gear she stalls out. Now, suddenly ALL my power windows stopped working. I’ve been through all the fuses in both the passenger compartment and under the hood at the power distribution box. I have 2 fuses in each that are not receiving power whether the car is off, ignition on or running. Does anyone have ANY idea on where I should be looking to correct at least the running issue? I’m a disabled vet with a family of 4 and just cannot afford a used replacement vehicle so I need to make this one last at least another few month if not a year! Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me!

Duratec v6? Or Vulcan? If Vulcan, change the torn Pcv elbow.

It sounds like you may have a faulty MAP sensor. The Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor detects engine load and generates a signal that is proportional to the amount of vacuum in the intake manifold. The ECU uses this information to adjust ignition timing and fuel enrichment relative to the amount of power needed. When the engine is working hard, intake vacuum drops as the throttle opens wide and the engine takes in more air, which requires more fuel to keep the air/fuel ratio in balance. When the computer reads a heavy load signal from the [MAP sensor], it adjusts the fuel mixture to slightly more rich than normal so the engine can produce more power. The computer will then retard (back off) ignition timing slightly to prevent detonation (spark knock) that can damage the engine and decrease performance. This may explain why the engine dies as you put the vehicle into gear as a load is put on the motor.

It sounds like the Idle Air Control valve is hunting for the proper idle position.

This will cause the idle to go high and then come down. And when the transmission is shifted into gear, the engine may stall.

Common problem on Ford products

Tester

It’s a durateck

I already replaced the idle air controller with ZERO effect, where is this other thing located and is there a way to test it to see if it’s bad or intermittent? Thanks!

The map sensor is what I was referring to. T