2000 vw passat a mystery!

I have a 2000 VW Passat that stalls while driving, it started intermittently first now it will stall at some point during your drive and you have to wait for an hour to restart. We’ve had the car checked by everyone, even VW and no one can determine the cause. We’ve replaced the ignition coils, fuel injector, battery and spark plugs… but the car keeps stalling. Has anyone had this problem, does anyone have any idea what the problem could be!?

I’d really like to fix it and trade it in for a Honda or Toyota… never again will I buy a VW!!!

Just a wild guess, but you might have a weak fuel pump or a partially clogged fuel filter. These cars also have weak electronics.

You have not stated the mileage, but a 9+ year old Passat is at the age where it will likely start developing expensive problems. Yes, I would fix it and sell it.

As we state in another post, Volkswagens are best owned by well heeled technical types with a masochistic streak in them.

My neighbor, a petite school teacher had a Passat which gave her constant, expensive grief. She traded it a 94,000 miles for a Honda CRV which gave 10 years of totally reliable service. She just traded it for another Honda, not because anything was wrong with it!