2000 Honda

Hey I have a 2000 Honda Civic my car runs but it has trouble cranking . I had the fuel pump replaced because it had went out on me so I had that replaced now it’s not getting enough gas to crank what should I do??

Trouble cranking means you turn the ignition switch to start, and nothing happens, or the engine cranks slowly.

Is that what you mean?

Tester

time to check the battery?

1 Like

First check the battery and terminals then if not replace the spark plugs its a cheap test, if not then replace the distributor and lastly if that doesnt work then replace the starter

“cranking” is that rrr rrr rrrr sound you hear when you turn the key to “start”, and is an electrical system function (the starter motor), & not related to the fuel system. If you mean you hear the rrrr rrr rrr sound ok, but it won’t catch and run, that’s a “fails to start” problem, & likely related to either spark or fuel. Suggest to clarify what problem you are having.

1 Like

Check the ignition switch. There’s maybe a broken or loose wire that causing the problem.

THe engine cranks slowly

That’s usually caused by the battery being only partly charged. When they are close to the end of their useful lives, they can’t take, or they can take but not hold, a full charge. I’ve come to expect no more than 4 or 5 years from a battery, although I’ve had some last years longer and one conk out just before the one year replacement warranty expired.

Either the voltage reaching the starter motor is insufficient to meet the starter motor requirements, or the starter motor is bad and needs replacing. Both terminals at the starter motor, measuring from terminal to starter case, should measure at least 10.5 volts during attempted cranking.