2000 Ford Windstar EGR Problem

I have a 2000 Windstar with the 3.8 motor that keeps giving me an error with the EGR system. It says that there is insuffecient flow. I replaced the EGR valve last year, and the vacuum control module. When it started again this year, I removed the EGR valve, and made sure that the diaphram was moving freely. I put it back together with a new gasket and tightened everything up, made sure all the vacuum lines were connected and had no cracks or holes (I replaced them last year at the same time as the valve) but I still get the same fault. Any ideas?

Well I went in again and removed the intake manifold, the EGR ports were a little dirty, but not bad. Just to make sure I cleaned everything again, buttoned it back up, and the check engine light is still on. I’m about at my wits end with this. Anyone have any ideas?

I am having the same sort of problem with my 2002. If I get any feed back I will pass it on to you.
ddubbeld

Ah. There is a pretty common problem with this vintage Ford 3.8/4.2 and the culprit is usually the DPFE sensor (Delta Pressure Feedback… can’t remember what the E is). Basically it’s the sensor that measures the difference (delta) of EGR flow in two instances and reports the chance to the ECM.

Long story short, replace that DPFE and I’m guessing you’ll be a-okay.