2000 Blazer Difficulties

I took my blazer on a trip of about 3 hours and 2 hours into the trip it began to lose power. I would step on the accelerator and but nothing would happen … however I was able to keep up to speed. I just couldn’t accelerate to pass anyone. Then a few moments later it just about died all together so I pulled off the highway and the check engine light came on. However, it seemed to be running fine so i trecked on. When I reached the end of the trip almost everytime I came to a stop the truck would die, but then be able to fire right up again. It seemed like it was losing fuel pressure out of no where. I took it to a garage and they said the check engine light was a miss fire and that all of my plugs, wires, fuel filter, and distrbutor cap and rotor were all original and that was the problem. Well with my luck that wasn’t the problem. The truck did the same thing on the way home but i was able to make it. The fuel pump seems to be working fine. The only thing I could think of is the ground for the pump is bad. any recomendations???

You MAY have a faulty fuel pressure regulator.