1999 Subaru Forester That Shakes

I Have 1999 Subaru Forester L, with 153,000 miles. Tires were replaced 2 months ago. 1 month later the rear ball bearings were replaced/repacked. Since then the car has developed a severe shake that rocks your hands on the steering wheel. It is most noticeable between 55-65mph. The slower you accelerate the more vioent the shaking. The shaking is now becoming noticeable at lower speeds. It doesn’t matter if you are going uphill or on level grade. A repair shop said, for $600, they would replace the CV driveshaft on left and right front-and that might fix it. Any one have any ideas what we should be looking at??

A repair shop said, for $600, they would replace the CV driveshaft on left and right front-and that might fix it.

I think I would try a different shop. Look for a shop that can tell you want it is. At the very least find a shop that can agree or disagree with the first shops CV joint thought. I would suggest that unless you have been hearing it clicking for some time, it is not likely a CV joint. Also I don’t see why a rear CV joint would shake the steering wheel.

Good Luck

My husband states that I should clarify-The entire car shakes-not just the steering wheel. Does this change your thoughts on the matter?